Sunday, June 19, 2005

AM A DAMNED BAD SWIMMER

Well, I had a busy day yesterday. I went to visit my uncles yesterday and then went for a swimming with my friend. The day was hot and humid. I was sweating like hell. The water in the pool looked cool and refreshing. There, I learnt my lesson pretty badly.

Yesterday, I dived in a water body after a 5 year gap. I thought I still knew how to swim. I didn't hesitate at all diving into the pool. Call it my bad luck, I jumped into 6ft depth of water. I just couldn't come up! I was surprised at myself. Luckily I was near the shore. I quickly grabbed the railing and some good fellows passed on their hands to me. I grabbed it quickly and pulled myself up. I just couldn't swim at all.

Anyway, as I had learnt my lesson pretty badly, I knew it wasn't the same as before. I had to take sometime to ease my body. So then, I moved to 5 ft depth and started adapting there. Later in the day, I was able to swim ok. We swam for about an hour. By the end of the day, we both were tired like hell. When coming home in the bus, I felt asleep standing!

Back and home, I didn't have energy to move around at all. I checked my temperature. I had high fever. I took some snacks. I sweat a lot as it was quite hot. Then my temperature came down.

I still haven't recovered fully from my unknown disease. The doctors couldn't diagnose what is happening to me. I have become thinner but am now gaining some weight. :>

Anyway, that was my yesterday's rendezvous with myself. Next time I go swimming, I'll first adapt myself to water and then take swim like hell.

No comments: